MY DENTAL PLACE
1269 W EL CAMINO REAL, SUNNYVALE CA 94087; (650)938-6937 FAX (650)938-6702
We are pleased to announce that MY Dental Place has resumed normal hours since June 1st.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again on the day of appointment thru text or when you are in the office.
- We will ask you to call or text us when you arrive so that we may let you know when we are ready to see you. You may be asked to wait in the car to control the patient traffic in our office.
- We will only allow one patient at a time in the reception area. Exceptions include child patient and one parent, a person who needs an essential companion (i.e. caregiver, interpreter), and family who are appointed at the same time.
- We will take and record your temperature upon arrival at our office as a part of the screening process. Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask when you pre-rinse and for your procedure only. We will only see one patient at a time in our screening area.
- We have hand sanitizer. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. You will be asked to wash your hands and rinse your mouth before being seated in the dental chair.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You might consider bringing your own eye protection glasses and pen. We ask that you limit the personal belongings that you bring with you (i.e. purses, coats, hats) and leave it in your car.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps that we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (650)938-6937 or visit our website at mydentalplace.net
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients and friends.
Dr. Mary Anne Yu and Team